Thursday, June 21, 2012

Finally have some time to breathe

Actually, kind of a contradiction. While I could be sleeping and enjoying my comatose state, instead I'm battling my fatigue and delivering this post. Why? Honestly, I'm still lost. It's a funny thing, isn't it? While our minds cry out in their desperate agony for rest, we seem to defy the clear logic and avoid what we need completely. I guess it likens a little to our parents nagging us for what seems like forever.

It could also be because I decided to indulge in a little cup of tea.



Seems harmless, right? What could tea possibly do to deter my sleep? Combine tea, or anything with the smallest morsel of caffeine, with me, potentially the person with the world's highest sensitivity to caffeine and you'll see.

Fun fact of the day? I can't tolerate much caffeine at all. If I have a FULL cup of tea in the morning, I can't go to sleep until the next morning, unless I'm so sleep deprived that I just fall asleep instantly, but that's quite rare for me. I used to drink 3-4 cans of coke per day while I was in year 12. Wasn't healthy, and I swear I developed a caffeine dependency. At one point, all I craved for breakfast was coke.. yeah. Moral of the story - I'm not a caffeine drinker. It sucks because I actually do like tea - especially bubble tea.

Point of this post - wait, there is none. Sorry for wasting your time. I should probably go to sleep now.

1 comment: