Friday, July 8, 2011

Eat the happiness away

Posting a lot lately! Mainly because I actually have something to write about. I wanted to include this in the other post I made but decided against it because the other one is wayyyyyy long enough, que?

The other day while I was at Eliza's place, my parents went to a wedding for someone IN DENTAL TECH AT MY UNIVERSITY LIKE SERIOUSLY HOW WEIRD IS THAT. They're related to a family friend and we got invited. It didn't click until mum told me the name and I'd recognised it from the Facebook dental group that everyone joined.

Apparently the wedding was beautiful, but I didn't get to see. My parents brought back 2 jars of personalised lollies and it's something I'd really like for my wedding. I ate most of one bottle and dad got kind of annoyed because there's going to be none left soon. Oh well. They're so good.


Looks beautiful, no?

Tastes even greater. But yeah, seriously wanting lollies for my wedding gift.

Makes me think about how my wedding is going to be. Probably more relevant though, cats aside, a lot of the time, I genuinely wonder who will love me for who I am. I look substantially different in person to how I look in photos, I'm not the smartest person you'll meet and I don't have much going for me, in all honestly. And the aesthetics department is on the rise.

Just makes me wonder, who will I marry?

Legitimately though, everything about "I just want someone who loves me for who I am, regardless of who they are" completely ignored, I don't think I can handle someone who doesn't have at least equal intelligence as me. Like, I wouldn't be able to hold any of my memorable conversations with them. At most, a superficial glance at my argument, followed by a cascade from submission to acceptance without so much as a blank stare rebounding off the plains.

I need someone with the same interests as me. Even if they hold the same level of intelligence, there's not much point if they're a humanities junkie and they have zero insight into science, which is my forte. Might not be the same for all people, but it certainly is for me. Which means, I'm pretty much restricted to people in the medical or dental field, really.

Once I find this person, whoever it may be, I want our wedding to be the most memorable day of my life. Some people like simplicity, but not me.

I want extravagance.

Oh, the pondering of a teenager. Let each day come as it passes.

Maybe someday.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm, rock candy :3 i completely agree about the intelligence factor. and i really love your writing style!

    ReplyDelete