Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Battle of the sexes

When everything boils down, which gender prevails?

Point of this post: comparing male best friends to female ones.  Having only recently attained one of the opposite gender, I can tell you all that it's a fairly insightful thing. It's almost as though I act differently around him; no, not changing my personality, but it really brings out my inner bitch. Whether it's because I'm more comfortable talking to boys in general and that it's my natural instinct that I've been holding back ever-so-gracefully, or if it's just because his own personality brings out my inner bitch, I'm not sure. It's not much of a debate right now but I'd like to reflect on this post in the upcoming months.

So far, this is what I've been able to conjure from the top of my head. Yeah, going to be pretty crap reasons but hey, hey, it's almost 2am and I've had lectures today which I probably would have legitimately been better off skipping them. Anyway, without further ado:

  • They're not going to try to steal your boyfriend - okay, worded REALLY badly but I guess what I'm trying to get at is that there's no risk of any interest, unless they're not straight but that's cool too.
  • They're more likely to be honest and not hold back on opinions just because they're guys and built that way. In general, they have a very blunt mentality and get straight to the point. I like that.
  • It brings out my boyish side - like, I do like shopping but I'll be truthful and say that I must prefer a decent quality conversation.
  • Advice central - they're guys, right? So that means when you're having boy troubles, hopefully they're able to help you.
And yeah that's my two cents' worth of thought at 1:45 in the morning. Okay, really and truly better be off to bed and up bright and early-ish for chem study.

No comments:

Post a Comment