Thursday, September 8, 2011

Kimonos and stuff

So, after weeks of studying and the joy of utter disappointment over my results, I resorted to my usual activity - drowning my sorrows in a little retail therapy. The 'little' is, of course, a litote for the consumption of all the limited time I have before I really need to start knuckling down on all my uni work and making sure I don't lose any MORE unnecessary marks. A real wake up call, I tell you. Luckily it wasn't too harsh, but I'm still a little unsure of where I went wrong. I know I studied but probably not enough, hey.... but then it's surprising because I remember doing nothing else other than having my head in my books. Ahh well, nothing I can do about it now except wait for end of semester.

It's a little bit of a hassle since I know I could have done a lot better... and I've also lost 5% overall for each of the APs so... that HD isn't looking too good for me. In saying that, I know I'm a bit of a pessimist and I never fail to look at the half empty perspective of everything. It's also a personality flaw, but for the most part, I've put it to good use.

Back to the main focus of this post: I was stalking my friend (.. "friend", what a casual term to describe someone I haven't talked to once in 4 years) and she was wearing this absolutely gorgeous kimono jacket. It was graphite grey and only slightly floral and so beautiful. I started looking for it EVERYWHERE but I just couldn't find it. I think I wasted something like 3 hours just doing that. But yeah ok, sad story. I was on lookbook and I wanted to find something similar. The main candidates are H&M and Urban Outfitters but I just put in a massive order, so tough luck to me trying to order anything else online hey.





The first one is really elegant but I'm not sure I could pull off the whole maxi jacket thing because I'm short LOL. I like the colours though - bright but warm enough to wear every day and the design is nice. If I could combine the design of the first with the length/size of the second, I'd get it right this second. In saying that, I do like the hint of turquoise featured in the second.

But the one that really strikes me is the third. I love it and if I could find one identical to it, oh gawd my life would be absolutely complete. It's perfect and even though I'm only seeing a photo of it, I think I'm in love. The red is such a rich, blood-like colour and the sleeves are divine. Length is perfect - around dress-length and overall, it's my favourite. I'd buy it in literally every colour. Every. Colour. And yeah, it's just beautiful in every aspect.

If anyone sees anything remotely similar, I would be so eternally grateful. You have no idea.

And when I develop obsessions with things, it tends to stay for a while. I started liking high-waisted shorts a long, long time ago and my interest in them hasn't faded since then, just to give you an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment