Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Revlon ColorStay Mineral Finishing Powder in Brighten

It's been an extremely long week. I was at the AMSA (Australian Medical Students Association) convention on the Gold Coast. It was such a hectic week, but the best week of my life. Really, it was.

However.

All actions have consequences. I have been unofficially diagnosed with conventionitis (yes, ladies and gentlemen, it is actually a thing) and PCD (post-convention depression). Both are legitimate diagnoses. Promise.

Anyway, shortly before I left, I got this little beauty in the mail.

The bottom line? I love it.

But please excuse while I have my usual banter. I really hope that it's not too overwhelming and redundant for you all.

Where do I even start? My mind is a mess and my sickness is taking over my own capacity to think. Euck. Luckily I'm still on holidays. Man, that'd suck. Imagine that. Having convention and then uni straight after.

I don't even want to think about that.


I love Revlon. After watching and reading various reviews on this powder, I decided that I had to have it. Unfortunately, apparently this product is discontinued so I had to scrounge around on eBay to find it. They also sell it on Amazon and ACW, but I couldn't be bothered with excessive shipping costs, so eBay sufficed.

This product is probably most comparable to MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish (MSF) powders, but I wouldn't say that it's a complete dupe of Soft and Gentle. It's warmer and this product is clearly on the pink side.

Even though it's a finishing powder, I don't think many people actually use it like that. 99% of reviews I read described it as a highlighter.

As will I.

Do I love it? Absolutely. For $15, I can see this product lasting me for ages. Think about how much product you use when you highlight. Hardly any. Unless I lose or break it, I really can't imagine myself needing to repurchase it for a while.

The only qualm I have is that it's extremely glittery and (cue the eyetwitch) I hate glitter. Well, for the most part. It's just so finicky when it goes on you and doesn't come off unless you put in a mighty effort to actively try to remove the product. Loose glitter is so annoying. I don't know, it's just a peeve for me I guess. Maybe I'll warm up to glitter a little after using more products.





It's so pretty. It's a joy to have in my collection. An absolute pleasure. I love the triad of colours that really add to the baked appearance of it. Presentation means a lot. And it's very subtle. Not too glittery that screams something along the lines of unicorn or rainbow, but enough to add a nice, natural glow to highlight the, well, highlighting areas on your face.

I don't really know what else to say. It's affordable, it works, it's lovely, it's attractive and well, it's pretty damn awesome.

Lots of love! x

No comments:

Post a Comment