Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pumpkin scones!

Hi all!

My mum loves pumpkin scones and yesterday she asked me if I wanted to help her make some. How could I resist? The real question - how could anyone who loves baking resist? Impossible. I must admit, mum and I overestimated how much the scones would rise, so we overcompensated and they turned out a lot smaller than we anticipated.. oh well, trial and error is the way to go!

With no further ado, I present to you my first attempt at pumpkin scones!


Ingredients:
  • 600g pumpkin
  • 60g butter, softened
  • 3 cups self-raising flour
  • 1 cup of buttermilk
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup of pepitas (pumpkin seeds)

Instructions:
  1. Cook the pumpkin until it's tender. Set it aside to cool before mashing!
  2. Preheat your oven to 240°C.
  3. Grease your baking tray.
  4. Combine the flour, salt and butter in a bowl. Mix thoroughly, until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
  5. Add pumpkin and butter milk. Mix thoroughly until a soft, gooey dough forms.
  6. Add pepitas and mix through.
  7. Make little balls and place on baking tray, ensuring about 1cm spacing between each scone to allow for expansion.
  8. Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden.
  9. Allow to cool and enjoy!
I LOVE SCONES.

No comments:

Post a Comment