Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm still alive guys!

After numerous requests to update this blog and my lack of motivation to do even an ounce of study this weekend, I decided I might as well prove to the general public that yes, I am indeed alive, and probably more importantly to give an update or two on my life.

So basically, in a nutshell, I've done jack.

It's week 5 already and I'm falling so behind on study. I don't mean to express full desperation and seek pity, but then again, it's nothing new. It's pretty much how I roll - motivation starts out strong at the beginning and gradually wanes throughout the semester. Regret and stress start to sink in, but by that stage, it's too late to rectify all the lost time. Fear of failure settles into me and I pick back up. It's a perfect description of my work ethic - intermittent and inconsistent, but it seems to balance out in the end, so I'm not really complaining.

The last post I made was over a month ago. I seriously can't believe that a month has passed already.. but let's have less of my bickering and carry on with the show.

So many things have happened in the past month. It's crazy to think how that many events have been packed into the short space of a month. Where to start?

I decided in the 5 or so hours that this editor has been open that I think I'd much rather just post about one event per day/a few events per day for the next couple of days. That way, I can sort of concentrate on a bit of study catch up while filling the rest of you in on what's been happening in my life.

Nothing new really. Just some more online purchases. I should really make a post dedicated to everything I've bought this year.. which is a LOT. Damn it, I'm so effing addicted to online shopping, it's not even funny.

It was one of my uni best friend's birthday about a month ago and one of our other friends made the most delectable cup cakes. They had a ferrero rocher on the top AND in the middle. The frosting was nutella based. It was AMAZING.

I had a lovely dinner on the strand (the beach over here, near the city) with two of my close friends from uni. I also had a macadamia gelato/ice cream (I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS) - the best I've ever had omg. Seriously.


That same night, the strand night markets were on. They're held on the first Friday of every month, and it just so happened that we caught it in time. They were brilliant! There was this faux fur coat that I wanted for $80 but it was a size 12 and I was swimming in it. It was beautiful though. There was another stall with all these colourful, hippy pants/trousers and they were AWESOME but it was approaching closing time by the time I saw them. I didn't want to drag the others down, so I just sucked it up and settled for more food. Fitting.

Oh! I didn't mention anything about the last photo. There was a stall selling the most adorable cake-shaped SOAPS! The photo doesn't do the artwork justice, at all. They were so cute. I really wanted to buy some to decorate my room, but I decided that:

  1. I have absolutely no use for them.
  2. I wouldn't dare use them as soap. I could never. Seriously, why would you?
  3. SAY NO TO IMPULSE SHOPPING.

The first of my adventures summarised. :{D

No comments:

Post a Comment